Thursday 26 November 2009

After picking an image which I felt was most suitable to publish as my front cover, I began to use a professional editing softwarecalled Photoshop. I gained a lot of valuable infomation concerning the tools and effcets available through the software. We spent numerous lessons learning how to use Photoshop to improve both the quality and appearance of an image and how to use layers when manipulating an image as well as how to combine several images with text. I put my photoshop skills to good use; taking a photo of the school's South Wing entrance at breaktime and using the layer mask tool to crop teh image professionally as well as using the eraser on my layer mask in order to discard certain parts of the image. I have learnt how to paint-out and edit my image in fine detail whilst also learning how to slect fine, intricate details using the several different lasoo tools. I ahve gone on to use the 'levels and curves' option in order to alter the proportions of different shades and tones to make my image look more exposed and of a professional quality. I ahve experimented by using various tolls within the software, such as the magic want tool and paintbrush. I especially like the diverse and eye-catching effects I can create using the 'filter' tool; it enables me to develop and enhance several elements within the image. I have learnt how to use a wide range of tools and techniques experimenting with the sotware Photoshop, all whcih will aid me to produce an effective and unique front cover for my publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment